Go for the natural, sun-kissed look with a pop of colour on the lips.
That’s the biggest trend for Spring 2014, says make-up artist Rachel Tadeuszow, who we enlisted for this season’s beauty tips, tricks and trends.
“The natural look is fresh; it’s true beauty. And it’s great because people will see your face without it looking like you’re wearing makeup,” Tadeuszow says. Pair that natural glow with a bold but matte lip colour and you’ll be on trend for spring, she adds.
Here's how you can achieve Tadeuszow’s fresh faced look in 15 minutes:
• Start with a moisturizing foundation that’s hydrating and makes the skin glow.
• Add a touch of bronzer on cheek bones, underneath jawline on neck, and anywhere naturally sun-kissed like the forehead at the hairline and across nose and cheeks.
• Follow up with a light dusting of powder.
• Apply a thin line of liquid liner across eyelids at eyelash line, drawing down to corners.
• Choose eye shadow in neutral shades that emulate your skin tone.
• Use a light, soft gold matte shadow and apply it across the entire lid as a base.
• Apply your shade of choice in the crease of your lid.
• Use a highlighting shade with a bit of shimmer to dot the brow line on your lids. Then, add a dab of sparkle shade to the tear ducts.
• Apply mascara.
Cheeks and Lips
• Choose lip and blush hues from same colour family. Pick your bold, matte lip shade first and then find blush to match.
• Applying blush to apples of cheeks is out. Instead, draw brush from highest point of cheekbones (at the hairline) downward. Start with a light dusting and add more product as needed.
• Use a lip primer to moisturize lip and create a smooth canvas for lip colour.
• Use a complementary lip liner to trace lip line. Fill in entire lip.
• Apply lip stick across entire lip. Touch up with gloss for sheen.
To get this look, we’ve copped Tadeuszow’s shopping list for you below. You can find these products at the MAC store at St. Vital Centre.
Foundation - Studio Sculpt Foundation
Bronzer - MAC Bronze
Powder - Studio Sculpt Powder
Eyeliner - Black Track Fluid Line
Blush - Whole Lotta Love
Lipstick - Candy Yum Yum
Eye shadow theme - Honey Brown